Monday, August 22, 2005

Commitment-phobic

Yesterday I met my best buddy, J, for a drink at Starbucks Midvalley. He’s down in KL for a week to attend an induction course organized by his agency. Did a lot of catching up, I missed the monkeys in KK, and he was surprised by the number of weddings he missed, especially Azam’s, our OBS troop in DPA. I also conveyed the long-awaited good news of E getting hitched. J was of course shocked, surprised and bewildered. Well, whaddaya expect when you’re the last person in your close circle of friends to be hitched?? I don’t blame him. I am not giving him the pressure either. Think that at 28, a guy still has a lot to explore (ehem ehem) and might not be ready yet to settle down. Besides, J indicated that he’s commitment-phobic and would be a disappointment for girls who’s looking for a long-term relationship with him. I guess that’s why he enjoyed my company so much. I am very much attached, so I will have no qualms of him getting hanky panky somewhere else. Yet I offer the shoulder and ears of an understanding girlfriend. Ahhh….
We were friends, best partner and buddy, so platonic. I did wonder whether J was gay. However he proved that he wasn’t a bit gay. =) Sometimes, I do feel like a cushion that absorbs the momentum of loneliness of these so-called guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think??