Monday, August 22, 2005

Singledom of the Singletons

My weekend was spent driving around KL alone, watching movie alone, having snacks and brunches alone, and singing in the car alone. I actually enjoy the freedom of being on my own, although I do long for companionship at times. With Jack on the other part of the country, I am still learning to cope with the singleton status. Somehow when I ponder into the lives of single women I know, I actually relish the idea of having no one to contradict your idea of a nice weekend. My colleague, S, for example, has aged over the big three-ooh for a woman. Yet she enjoys her weekly retail therapy over at IKEA to get over her distant relationship. Her insistence to carry on with her bachelor life is somehow astounding, and earned my due respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think??